[Discordant music] – How do you like it?
– [She screams] [She gasps] How do you like it? What are you doing down here? I just, uh… wanted… to talk to you. Okay. Let’s talk. What do you want to talk about? I… I can’t…really remember. You can’t remember. No… l can’t. Maybe it was about Danny? Maybe it was about him. Whatshouldbe done with him? [She sobs] I don’t know. I don’t think that’s true. I think you have some very definite ideas
about what should be done with Danny and I’d like to know what they are. [She sobs] Well, l… l think…maybe he should
be taken to a doctor. You think “maybe” he should
be taken to a doctor? Yes! When do you think “maybe”
he should be taken to a doctor? As soon as possible? “As soon as possible?” [She gasps] Jack! Please. You believe his health might be at stake. Yes. And you are concerned about him. Yes! And are you concerned about me? Of course I am! Of course you are! Have you ever thought
about my responsibilities? Oh, Jack, what are you talking about? Have you ever had a single moment’s
thought about my responsibilities? Have you ever thought
for a single, solitary moment… about my responsibilities
to my employers?! Has is ever occurred to you that I have agreed to look
after the Overlook Hotel until May 1st? Does it matter to youat allthat the owners have placed their
complete confidence and trust in me and that I have signed
a letter of agreement, a contract, in which I have accepted
that responsibility? Do you have theslightest ideawhat a moral and ethical principal is?
Do you?! Has it ever occurred to you
what would happen to my future if I were to fail to live up
to my responsibilities? Has it ever occurred to you? Has it?! Stay away from me! Why? I just want to go back to my room. Why? Well… I’m very confused! And I just need a chance
to think things over. You’ve had your wholefucking life
to think things over! What good’s a few minutes more
going to do you now? Jack, stay away from me! Please! Don’t hurt me. I’m not going to hurt you. Stay away from me! – Wendy…
– Stay away! Darling…. light of my life… I’m not going to hurt you. You didn’t let me
finish my sentence. I said, “I’m not going to hurt you…” I’m just going to bash
your brains in. I’m going to bash ’em
right thefuckin. [He chuckles] Stay away from me!
Stay away from me! I’m not going to hurt you. Stay away from me! Stay away! Please! Stop swinging the bat. Stay away from me! Put the bat down, Wendy. Stop it! Wendy…give me the bat. Please! – Stay away!
– Give me the bat. Stop it! Give me the bat. – Stay away from me.
– Stop swinging the bat. Please stop! Give me the bat. – Stay away from me.
– Wendy! – Stop it!
– Give me the bat. – Stop it! – Give me the bat. Goddamn! [Music – ‘Midnight, The Stars And You’
by Al Bowlly